THE JOURNEY CHURCH
GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON MINISTRY
The Journey Church will operate our in-person ministry according to the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We will use caution and respect for others as our mainstay. Please be patient as we navigate these waters. What follows are best practices and tips for churches and places of worship so far. We will adhere to the present 50% facility capacity threshold.
ENCOURAGE AT-RISK INDIVIDUALS AND THOSE WITH SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS TO STAY AT HOME!
Our policy will be to entrust the decision to attend, or not to attend, into the hands of each individual in our group. People over 65 and people with certain underlying medical conditions should remain sheltered in place until they feel willing to accept the consequences. We will continue to stream our Sunday worship services well into our future as a service to all.
BEST SANITATION PRACTICES
· Everyone must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
· Face masks are being required by the CDC, however we will not dismiss people who choose not to wear one.
· Everyone must cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
· We encourage members to wash hands often with soap and water.
· There will be no Greeters at the door. Please refrain from hugging or shaking hands. Waving or bumping elbows will be encouraged instead. Doors will stay propped open for no contact.
· Our pre-gathering space will not be open before the service and the sanctuary won’t open till 9am.
· Our seating configuration will allow for increased social distancing. Families should sit together but maintain social distancing between families.
· People should come in and sit with a two-chair minimum separation between families.
· We will not be distributing a church bulletin at this time.
· We will have baskets in the back of the room to collect tithes and offerings. We also continue to encourage online giving.
· We will not have a “greeting time” as part of our service.
· Our band will present worship music but the congregation will refrain from singing at this time.
· Please respect others as we exit the building and use social distancing protocol.
· Everyone will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer when exiting the building.
Please be reminded that our calm and cheerful demeanor can encourage others to adopt best practices. All of the above guidelines are subject to change as we learn how to operate appropriately. Keep in mind that the CDC asks us to notify them if a confirmed case of Covid-19 is present at one of our gatherings which changes our future strategies entirely. Also consider that we are attempting to respect what other people desire, over what we might believe is possible, during this circumstance.
Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
Pastor Paris Pasch and the church board.